For today’s session, I wanted to focus on color. In the previous session I blocked in the figure with colors that were too muddy and close to gray so I wanted to fix that.
Basically, I just kept my color mixes very simple. For most of this session, I used Transparent Earth Orange, White and Cadmium Red. For the darker areas, I added in a little Ultramarine blue and burnt umber.
I didn’t get very far just the top half of the figure but the difference is very noticeable. The colors are more warm and crisp. What I learned most here is that I should keep my mixtures very simple and try hard to get the value correct.