Today’s painting in life drawing turned out better than the past few I’ve done.
I think this change may be due to me starting the drawing in graphite rather than oil. I’ve figured out that I dislike painting on an already oiled surface unless their is already dried oil paint underneath.
I took 40 minutes to setup the drawing in graphite then worked on the shadow areas first. I was working slow and careful the whole time making sure that what I put down was as accurate as possible.
I’m still not very happy with the outcome though. I would like to be able to produce a much better figure painting in a three hour life drawing session. But, I’ll keep working at it…